💲What is the costs of sending conversations with WABA?
- 💲What is the costs of sending conversations with WABA?
- How conversation charges will be initiated?
- Conversation Examples
- Conversation Fees (Valid as of 1st June 2023)
- Rate Cards
- Will anything be free?
How conversation charges will be initiated?
Conversation charges will be based on template category. When a template is delivered, it opens a new conversation of that category and incurs the charge of that conversation category, unless the template is delivered during an open conversation of that category. For example, if a utility conversation is open and a marketing template is delivered within that open conversation, a new, separate marketing conversation is opened and marketing conversation charge is initiated.
However, sending multiple templates of the same category within an open conversation will not incur additional charges. For example, a business can send multiple utility templates in an open utility conversation with no additional charges.
Service conversations will still only be initiated when no other conversation window is open and a business responds to a user with a free form message within the 24-hour customer service window. If a business replies to a user with a template message or sends a template message in an open service conversation, this opens a new conversation based on the template category.
Only one conversation opened with a customer:
- No open conversation exists between you and a customer and you send multiple utility template messages to the customer within 24 hours.
- An open conversation of any category exists between you and a customer and you send multiple free-form messages to the customer within 24 hours.
Multiple conversations opened with a customer:
- An open marketing conversation exists between you and a customer and you send them a utility template message within 24 hours. This results in a marketing conversation and a utility conversation.
- An open service conversation exists between you and a customer and you send them a utility template message within 24 hours. This results in a service conversation and a utility conversation.
To see some of these dynamics in message threads. please refer to the pricing explainer PDF
Conversation Fees (Valid as of 1st June 2023)
Rates vary based on conversation category and country/region rate. You can download the rate card below that corresponds to your WhatsApp Business Account's currency to see the rates by country/region for each conversation category.
Charges for conversations are based on the user’s country code. A user here is defined as the customer that your business is communicating with.
Will anything be free?
Free Entry Point Conversation (Valid as of 1st March 2023)
Conversations are not charged when users message businesses using call-to-actions buttons on Ads that Click to WhatsApp or Facebook Page call-to-action buttons. Starting March 1, we are providing more free conversations when users message businesses through these entry points by extending the free conversation window from 24h to 72h.
When a free entry point conversation is open, no other conversation category can be opened, even if a business sends a template within the three-day (72h) free entry point conversation window.
Standard pricing applies for Ads that Click to WhatsApp. The conversation that initiates from the ad is free, but not the ad itself.
Free Tier Conversations (Valid as of 1st June 2023)
Each WhatsApp Business Account gets 1,000 free service conversations each month across all of its business phone numbers. This number is refreshed at the beginning of each month, based on WhatsApp Business Account time zone.
Note: Marketing, utility and authentication conversations are not part of the free tier.
Did we miss something? Not to worry! Just WhatsApp our support team at +85265807739✌️