What should I take note of if I change my phone number?
- If you are changing to a new phone number, kindly be advised to warm up the phone number by receiving more incoming new chats (about 500 messages) before scanning it on ChatDaddy. This will establish a more reliable and authentic connection.
- To connect the new phone number to ChatDaddy, you can either: (i) replace the old phone number’s channel (existing channel) by rescan its QR code or; (ii) add a new channel and scan its QR code
- ChatDaddy will sync contacts and chat history from the connected phone number only.
Note: For 2(i), If you are scanning QR with a different number, contacts synced previously will be remained.
About Contacts and Chat History Sync
- For Contacts: Without changing your device, after connecting the new number, ChatDaddy will synchronize the contact list from your phone. You can also export contacts in ChatDaddy beforehand.
- For Chat History: ChatDaddy only syncs messages for the number you have connected. If you want to retain messages, we recommend adding a new Channel and keeping the old number connected to the existing Channel.
How to Add a Channel in ChatDaddy
How to Reconnect Your Phone in ChatDaddy
How to export contacts to a csv file
How to import bulk contacts