How to migrate WABA number
Use Case: This article will give you a detailed introduction to how to migrate numbers in ChatAPP.
Downtime Until the number migration is complete, the source WABA can continue to send and receive messages without interruption of service. Once the migration is complete, you can start sending messages using the new WABA immediately without any downtime.
Message template All high-quality message templates in the source WABA will be copied and automatically approved in the target WABA. Existing message templates in the target WABA will not be affected. Low-quality, rejected, or pending templates will not be copied.
Billing migration -Messages sent before migration will be charged to the source business.
-Messages sent from the source business and not delivered before migration will still be charged to the source business when they are delivered.
Migrate content The following content from the source WABA will be migrated to the new WABA:
-Official Business Account Status (OBA Certification)
-High-quality message templates that have been previously approved
Migration preparation assets
- Must be currently registered with the source WABA. 2. If two-factor authentication (two-step authentication) has been enabled for this number, it needs to be disabled first.
- Commercial verification must be completed and approved. 2. The review status of WABA must be Approved.
- Business verification must be completed and approved. 2. The review status of WABA must be Approved.
Start migration 1.Log into the ChatAPP console, and click WABA to register.
- Click the Register button.
- Log in to your existing Facebook account.
Important! Please do not create a new account.
- Once logged into your Facebook account, click Get Started Now.
- Click Continue.
- In Step 1 of 3, select the Meta Business Account that matches the number to be migrated, and click Continue.
- Select Create new WhatsApp Business account, enter the account name, and click the Continue button to complete the creation of the WABA account.
8. After clicking the Continue button to complete the process of registering a new WABA, close the embedded registration page. IMPORTANT Please do not proceed to Step 2 after completing the process of registering a new WABA.
- After completing the above process, you have successfully created your new WABA account.
- Open the Meta business settings.
- Check whether the business certification has been passed, whether the WABA audit has been passed, and whether the payment method has been set.
- After all, confirmations are passed, please click WABA registration on the ChatAPP console, and click the number migration button on the right side of the page.
- According to the page guidance, operate on the migration page that pops up.
- Read the notes and click the Next button.
- On the start migration page, fill in the basic information, and check it according to the prompts on the page.
Explanation: New WABA ID: Check whether the newly registered WABA ID is correct.
- Click Next.
- On the start migration page, fill in the basic information and follow the prompts on the page to enter the corresponding content.
Note Country/Area Code: Enter the country code of the number to be migrated, for example, 86. Number to be transferred: Enter the number to be transferred, for example, 130********.
- Click the Next button.
- On the Get Verification Code page, follow the prompts on the page to select the corresponding option.
Note: Number to be migrated: Please check whether the number is the number to be migrated. Verification code receiving method: Please choose how to receive the verification code. If the
Migration number is a fixed line, please select the receiving method as voice.
Verification code receiving language: Please select the language to receive the verification code, and select the language to receive the verification code.
- After all checks and selections are completed, click Receive Verification Code, and you will receive a verification code or phone call from Facebook.
- On the submit verification code page, enter the verification code according to the page prompts and start the migration.
Instructions: Verification code: Enter the verification code you received from Facebook. It may take a few minutes to obtain the verification code. Please wait patiently. If you do not receive the verification code and do not need to change the method of obtaining the verification code, please click the No received, resend button to obtain the verification code again.
If you want to change the receiving method, please click the Back to the previous step, change the receiving method button, and return to the previous page to change the receiving method.
- After filling in the verification code, click the Start Migration button, and enter the migration process after verifying the verification code.
Note: Please wait for the migration result, and do not close or refresh the page before the migration is complete.
- After the migration is complete, you will be prompted with the migration result. The migration is now complete.
Migration complete! 🥳 If you have an OBA logo or have set up two-step authentication before, please go to the Meta business management platform to re-open the two-step authentication to ensure your account security and keep the OBA status.