Table of Content
- Table of Content
- 🔔Important Information:
- Step 1️⃣ - Facebook business Manager
- Step 2️⃣ - Sign up a ChatDaddy account
- Step 3️⃣ - Sign up your WhatsApp Official API Account in ChatDaddy Dashboard
- Step 4️⃣ - How to Submit ISV Details for WABA onboarding
- Step 5️⃣ - After Approved
- 🔎WABA TOP FAQ
How are the conversation costs charged? - You can recharge for credits and the conversation costs are deducted from your credit balance. The credits never expire.
Step 1️⃣ - Facebook business Manager
- You need to register a Facebook Business Manager account first.
- Refer to: What are the steps to get Facebook Business Verification?
Step 2️⃣ - Sign up a ChatDaddy account
- Go to https://app.chatdaddy.tech/ and sign up for a Chatdaddy account.
- Login to the account you created.
- Click on the profile icon in the top right corner.
- Click on "manage channel" and then "add more channels".
- Fill in the name column with something like "WABA Channel".
- Select "WhatsApp Business API" as the account type.
Step 3️⃣ - Sign up your WhatsApp Official API Account in ChatDaddy Dashboard
- After creating the WABA channel, click on the “Sign up” button to begin the registration process.
- You will be prompted to log in to your Facebook Business Manager account. Once logged in, click “Get Started” and then “Continue” to proceed.
- Select your existing meta business account and click “Next” to continue with the registration.
- You will then be prompted to choose between creating a new WhatsApp Business Account or using an existing phone number for your WABA account. Select your preference and click “Next” to proceed.
- Fill in your business information for your new WhatsApp Business profile, and click “Next” when done.
- Retrieve the OTP with the phone number registered.
- Fill in the OTP, and the WABA application is complete.
By following these simple steps, you can easily sign up for a WABA account in ChatDaddy Dashboard.
Step 4️⃣ - How to Submit ISV Details for WABA onboarding
- Connect your Facebook Business Manager account to ChatDaddy.
- Click on the “Submit ISV details” button.
- Fill in your business information correctly.
- Click on “eSign ISV terms here”. This will redirect you to pandadocs e-sign page.
- Sign terms page 3 & 6 as ChatDaddy, and sign terms page 9 & 12 as the end user.
- Download the completed pdf docs.
- Go back to ChatDaddy account and click “Upload Signed PDF” to upload the signed addendum.
Make sure to follow these steps carefully to complete the ISV details submission process for WABA onboarding.
Step 5️⃣ - After Approved
- The approval time for the WABA application will normally take 1-3 days.
- Check the application status. To do so, log in to your ChatDaddy account and click on “Manage Channel”.
- You can check on “Status”. If it says “Approved”, your WABA application has been approved by Facebook Meta. If it says “Rejected/Pending”, you may need to resubmit the ISV details to appeal with Facebook Meta.
- In addition, you can update your profile information (Profile picture or profile description) by clicking “Update profile”.
- Next, click on the “Connect” button and make sure the channel is “Active”.
- If done, you may start to create a WABA template in ChatDaddy and submit it for review.
- If the template is approved, you can start your conversation with your contact now!
🔎WABA TOP FAQ
The template approval time for WhatsApp Official Business API varies depending on the country and the complexity of the template.
Generally, it can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few days.
Some countries may have longer approval times due to local regulations and restrictions. If you have submitted a template for review and are waiting for approval, we recommend checking the status regularly through your WhatsApp Business API account in Alibaba Cloud.
- Can't receive messages
- Can't respond to messages from customers
- Can't initiate conversations with customers
- Can't have phone numbers added to it
- View more details in Business Manager Account Quality.
- Client to log on to Facebook Business Manager to accept the link:
- “Business Settings”->“Requests”->“Received”
The Customer needs to make sure they turned on the two factor authentication. Once turn on can log out and log in and see if it’s available.
Yes, this is doable.
It is easier to approve, but not essential. As long as it’s matching the brand and profile.
Yes, Under embedded signup when ChatDaddy setup new account - the customer selects to create a new WABA and then inputs their new number and will successfully create.
Yes - that’s fine as long as they have different numbers
Yes, we can migrate to the new WABA without new number. The process is to use the embedded signup process to register then we make sure we press the migration button. Templates will remain on original account.
Tier 1 to tier 2 in messages sent is based on volume sent- if send larger campaigns this will increase
After done Facebook Business Manager verification - they only need to prepare addendum and excel. Open sub account then we good
• ChatDaddy to bill customers themselves, can refer to:
What are the costs of sending Business Initiated and User Initiated Conversations?
Instead of being charged for notifications sent, businesses will be charged per conversation, which includes all messages delivered within a 24-hour period. Incoming messages from end-users will be free, the charge will only apply when a business replies. Conversations fall into two categories which are priced differently: The charges will be calculated based on the end-users phone number.